PORTRUSH, Ireland — No longer in the shadows of Irish golf, Shane Lowry now has his name etched on the base of the silver claret jug.
- BLAINE, Minn. — Six weeks after winning the NCAA individual title with Oklahoma State, Matthew Wolff wrapped up just his third tournament as a professional.
- DETROIT — Nate Lashley completed an unlikely wire-to-wire victory in the Rocket Mortgage Classic on Sunday for his first PGA Tour title.
- CROMWELL, Conn. — Chez Reavie won the Travelers Championship on Sunday for his second PGA Tour victory and first in 11 years, closing with a 1-under 69 for a four-stroke victory over Keegan Bradley and Zack Sucher.
- A Texas family who devised a scheme to fraudulently obtain Masters Tournament tickets, making more than half a million dollars in the process, pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court in Augusta to conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud.
- PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. — Gary Woodland has captured the U.S. Open, overcoming the back-nine pressure at Pebble Beach to hold off two-time defending champion Brooks Koepka for a three-shot victory.