Phil Mickelson has committed to the next week’s Vivint Houston Open, the final PGA Tour event before the November Masters.
- Rory McIlroy has enjoyed success in the second half of the calendar year during his PGA Tour career, which bodes well for the Northern Irishman’s chances in a first-ever fall Masters, which starts Nov. 12.
- Daniel Berger shouldn’t take it personally he’s not playing in next month’s Masters. COVID-19 and the rotation of the sun won’t allow it.
- Former Augusta University standout and 2018 Masters champion Patrick Reed continues to be in the middle of controversy -- where he always seems to thrive
- Charles Harris, of Columbia County, crashed his pickup truck through the gates of Augusta National Golf Club while President Ronald Reagan, Secretary of State George Schultz and Treasury Secretary Donald Regan were playing golf.
- It took a while for Dustin Johnson to get comfortable at Augusta National Golf Club. He’s definitely there now, and enters the COVID-19-delayed 2020 Masters as the recently-minted PGA Tour Player of the Year and FedEx Cup champion. In his first…
- Tiger Woods made a subtle equipment change this week at Sherwood Country Club before starting his defense of the Zozo Championship, and the swap probably was made with an eye toward the Masters.