The slight dogleg right is not the easiest tee shot golfers will face. Carrying the fairway bunker will require a drive of 300 yards, and shorter hitters will face an uphill shot to the undulating green
About the plant
Evergreen, can be pruned into a tree or bush; Tiny white fragrant flowers bloom October to March.
Spot it on the course
It's to the right of the fairway and rear of the green on No. 1.
No. 1 was first named Cherokee Rose for Georgia's state flower.
Where and how the plant grows
1. Dr. Mackenzie and I believe that no good golf hole exists that does not afford a proper and convenient solution to the average golfer and the short player, as well as to the more powerful and accurate expert.
2. We have always felt that the make-or-break character of many of the holes of our second nine has been largely responsible for rewarding our spectators with so many dramatic finishes. It has always been a nine that could be played in the low thirties or the middle forties.
1. There should be little walking between the greens and tees, and the course should be arranged so that in the first instance there is always a slight walk forwards from the green to the next tee; then the holes are sufficiently elastic to be lengthened in the future if necessary.
2. There should be a minimum of blindness for the approach shots.
3. There should be a sufficient number of heroic carries from the tee, but the course should be arranged so that the weaker player with the loss of a stroke or portion of a stroke shall always have an alternative route open to him.
The Par-3 Contest is held on the Wednesday before the Masters Tournament, and participation is optional. Players often invite their children, spouses or celebrities to be their caddies for a day. Read more
2014 Par-3 Slideshows: